Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Better Days Are Coming

It has been quite a while since I've posted. Life interrupted me I guess. My father in-law passed away December 12, 2009 after a long battle with prostate cancer. As the water boy would say cancer is "the debil". If there is one thing I can thank the cancer for though it was the opportunity to know how much time was left. We had plenty of chances to let George know how much we loved him. Time was precious and we treated it that way.

My best friends mother passed away the week after Christmas from a major heart attack. No warning. We have been friends for 26 years and her mom was like a second mom to me. She put up with us in our dreaded teenage years and now that I have a couple of those I realize what a difficult feat that was. She listened to endless hours of boyfriend talk and husband talk and what am I going to do with these kids talk. Whatever the situation she always reminded us how much Jesus loved us and that it would all be OK one way or another.

I wish we would have known that this was our last Christmas with Ma. I would have gone over to see her on Christmas Day. I would have taken her a candle like I'd planned, but I had worked right up until 8:00pm Christmas Eve and I was tired and we had family stuff and surely I'd see her next week....I wish I would have sent a card or called to say I love you and you mean so much to me....but I was busy and tired and I had work and family stuff....and I would see her at Shi Anns birthday party..only I won't.

So thank you cancer for giving me the opportunity to love like I should have all along. I have another opportunity. My dad's cancer is back after six months cancer free. I have stopped there everyday this week to tell them I love them. I guess I'll get off the computer and give them a call.

2010 better days are coming....Right?!

No comments: