Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Mornin

Well, it's Sunday mornin' and I am fighting my guilt about not getting to church--again. I try to make it as often as I can but with a rowdy two year old I rarely hear the sermon. His dad always offers to watch him while I attend church but I figure that just gives him an excuse not to go with. I've got this guys number after 20 years.

So I decided to have coffee with the aforementioned Italian best friend. Visiting their home is like that first cool breath you inhale on a very crisp Autumn day. There is always a passionate discussion about politics, or the economy, or sports or religion or something. It will make you feel alive!!! And it is the perfect forum for a rowdy two year old who is too smart for his own good and has learned just enough "potty mouth" words from his older brothers to be dangerous. They thought teaching him word "alternatives" was the best way to go so his language is not nasty just a little rude for a two year old....Great! Of course the Italians think this is hilarious but I am sure his preschool teacher will be much less amused. These are the perils of having a late in life baby. His big "brudders" are sixteen and twelve. Although they are fantastic brothers thier parenting skills leave a lot to be desired.

Well, God and I will have to hash this out during the week I suppose during our late night and early morning discussions. How does the saying go"I'm just an ole chunk of coal now Lord, but I'm gonna be a diamond someday" . As long as He'll stick with me!

No comments: