Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving "Turkey!"

Well, the holiday's over and I wouldn't exactly call it a "Turkey" but this is where the "mostly" certainly comes in. This year it was my turn to host the dinner. My sweet mama has retired from hosting Thanksgiving but is still the producer of the Christmas feast. She does however (from the comfort of her chair) "manage" Thanksgiving dinner- and isn't she a wealth of information and knowledge!! This is what comes from years of producing the perfect holiday feast. Needless to say I was very thankful this year that I didn't completely lose my mind and cram that turkey up someones kazoo!!!

But in all seriousness it was a bittersweet blessing to be surrounded by my family. I can appreciate their love and live with their shortcomings. I am glad to have been given another day to spend with them. It was loud and unorganized and opinionated and ...wonderful! I am certain that those first settlers and their Indian friends would have been proud of the way we put our differences aside and ate ourselves sick. We even found a few things to be Thankful for and best of all I do not have to cook Christmas dinner but I am going to be sure to offer my mom many helpful hints and much advice!

God Bless You!
Big Mamma Blue

No comments: