Sunday, December 14, 2008

Two is Terrific!

Isn't it fantastic to be two! It is really the last time you have it all! You are truly the top dog...in control. I know the child psychologists and "better" parents out there will be condescendingly shaking their heads right now...but you real moms know where I'm coming from.

Our baby is two, now mind you this "ain't my first rodeo" as you will remember my older boys are twelve and sixteen, but I'm not going to lie to you two at twenty-six and two at thirty-nine are a different story. Don't get me wrong, the battle is the same but the general is older, fatter, and wears out much more easily! And let me tell you this kid don't fight fair! It's all gingerbread and lollipops and then "BAM" your sideswiped by Rosemary's baby! My children have always been the poster children for that old "little girl with the curl" poem. Remember---"The girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead, when she was good she was very good, but when she was bad she was horrid!" Still applies at sixteen and twelve. Bless em Lord, Bless em!

This is the typical day with me and the two year old....me "Isn't he precious when he's asleep, what a special little gift from God!", him five minutes later bellowing from the bedroom "MOMMY COME ERE!" I run in worried he's scared and this sweet rumpled sleepy little man says "I want to hold you Mommy" heart melting...yes? Five minutes later I am getting a butt chewing because we are out of the right kind of pop tarts and the coffee is cold.

The day progresses and after several long explanations, time out, one instance that involved corporal punishment, ten accidents (one included having to wash poo out of places it could not possibly have gotten to on its own), picking up 300 toys and reading the same book ten times we are just about ready to wind it up. All that's left is "Pwees can I have some choca milk, and hold you Mommy" and there is my little angel again. I think to myself YES! I win. However, after I fall into an exhausted sleep he gets up, gets the jelly out of the fridge and decides to finger paint the cupboards. It's great to be in control.

1 comment:

Patrick A. Allen said...

Can I tell you there isn't much difference between two and twenty-one . . . although, you'll soon find that out!

I love reading your blog and seeing your writing and seeing your love for your family and patience and prosperity and faith shine through with your words.

Wouldn't Trudle be proud of her namesake!

Keep them coming - and we'll keep reading.